Infection Prevention Control Ireland
Empowering people to provide safe care
Infection Prevention Control Ireland (PCI) aims to enable all healthcare staff, service providers and others to make informed and ‘evidence based’ decisions on how to protect patients, service users, colleagues and themselves from the risk of infections. This information on IPCI aims to enhance your understanding of the organisation, what it does and what it can offer to its members.
It is hoped that having read this information you will have better understanding of how IPCI operates to influence local and national policy to bring about change. IPCI offers its members a professional network of like minded colleagues to share and learn from each other. IPCI values its members and actively promotes your professional development. IPCI provides a free annual conference; members are sought to represent the organisation on national committees and there are leadership development opportunities through succession planning for the various officers’ roles.
Key points during this COVID-19 Pandemic:
- Hand hygiene – minimum time 20 seconds
- Respiratory etiquette – cover your mouth when coughing or use a tissue and wash your hands
- Clean high touch surfaces regularly
- Maintain social distancing – 2 metres
- Stay at home
- Listen to your IPC Teams (Infection Prevention Team)
- Log onto www.hpsc.ie or www.hse.ie for further information